Today it is rare who does not have a Facebook account. It is a social network where we find information of all kinds, from knowing how a family member is doing, to knowing what new products the store next door has brought. Although it is true that it is a social network that has remained, rather, for certain ages, such as that of our parents.
We are going to show you all the ways to configure your account, so that you can get the most out of it. If you want to know how to make a Facebook we recommend that you continue reading below.
Many companies use Facebook as a way to promote their brand and create a community. If you don't have one yet Facebook account, you will surely have many questions about what you need to do to create your own account, whether it is your personal or business account. Also, if what you are looking for is to enhance your brand, this is the first step, so you can start advertising on Facebook.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to make a Facebook account from the computer
- 2 How to make a Facebook account from a smartphone
- 3 How to get the most out of your Facebook account
- 4 Let's talk about privacy on Facebook
How to make a Facebook account from the computer
- The first step, you have to enter the Facebook page, here! We leave you the direct link.
- Introduce your name, email or mobile number, password, date of birth and gender. If you are browsing from a browser like Chrome, it will most likely suggest a strong password, don't forget to save this password for Chrome to store it so you don't have to add it every time you type it again.
- Click on Sign up. According to Facebook regulations, you have to have At least 13 years.
- Lastly, you have to confirm email address or mobile phone number with which you have registered.
- To confirm the e-mail: You will receive an email with a link. You have to click on that link to confirm your email.
- To confirm your phone: You will receive an SMS with a verification code. When you log in to Facebook, a box will appear that says «Confirm», there you have to write the verification code that has arrived in SMS.
How to make a Facebook account from a smartphone
- First of all, you have to download and install the Facebook app on your phone or tablet.
If you have space problems on your phone, you can download Facebook Lite (it is available for iOS and Android), which is a simplified version of the Facebook app. Installation takes much less time, but retains the same basic functionality as the regular app.
- After downloading and installing the app, open it. On the home screen, click Create Account Facebook.
- On the screen that appears below, click Next.
- write your Name and surname.
- Add your phone or email.
- Introduce your date of birth and your gender.
- Enter your mobile number to verify the account.
- choose one password.
- To finish, click Sign up. If there is any problem with the password, the system will automatically make you go back to change it.
voila! The app will log you in automatically. You can give it to remember your password, so that with just one click in the application you can enter your account without having to enter your data every time you want to log in.
How to get the most out of your Facebook account
Congratulations if you've made it this far! If you have followed the steps above, you have successfully created your Facebook account. Now we're going to show you how can you use this social network and take advantage of the different options it offers you.
Personalize your Facebook account
- Your Facebook account is like a online cover letter for other users to find you. So after creating an account, the next thing you need to do is customize it.
- First, our suggestion is that you choose your profile and cover photo, since they are the most visible elements, it is the first thing that your followers will see and who will locate you.
- As the name suggests, your profile picture is an image that represents yourself and appears in the form of a circle. Remember, it will appear every time you post or comment on Facebook. Most users use some kind of portrait, but it's not mandatory: you can choose any image you like and want to associate with yourself. Upload a quality photo. On the computer it is displayed at a resolution of 170 × 170 pixelss, 128 × 128 pixels on smartphone and 36 × 36 pixels on most basic phones.
- La cover photo, on the other hand, are rectangular (with curved corners) and are only visible when other users click directly on your profile. Its large size makes it ideal for images such as your favorite landscapes, illustrations or photos of your hobbies. Shown to 820 × 312 pixels on computers and 640 × 360 pixels on the smartphone. Because of this, we recommend that you use a photo that is at least 400 × 150 pixels. If they are JPG, sRGB, JPG images, 851 × 315 pixels and less than 100 KB, they load faster. In fact, it is what Facebook recommends.
- Once you have your profile and cover photo, I recommend update your biographical information. You can update and fill in point by point the fields that interest you the most, such as where you work and study, where you have lived, important facts, etc.
- And to finish, you only have to start create your own content. Photos were a staple on Facebook and other social networks until a few years ago, and now the content of video has established itself and it is the favorite of the users. Therefore, if you create an account to promote your product or company, we recommend that you work on video in your account. Today, there are many tools to improve marketing strategies using videos. For example, you can use Video to create videos, professionally, for your Facebook content. Another way to create videos, a little less professional, but no less valid, is to use TikTok.
How can I find what other users post?
Let's say the goal of social media is to see what other people have posted and share yours. For this, you have different options.
- The main step is add your friends. Unlike other networks where you follow strangers, on Facebook, you normally only add people you know, friends or family to your contacts. To do this, follow the Next steps:
- Click on the search bar, at the top of Facebook.
- Type the name of the person you want to add, and click on the magnifying glass icon. It can also be a company or brand that you really like and want to follow. If you don't see it, try clicking People.
- To send a friend request to someone, click Add to my friends next to his avatar. You will be able to see their posts, if they accept the friend request.
You can also find friends by loading your contacts from your phone. Or, by using the People You May Know feature, which shows you suggestions of people you may know, based on mutual friends, location, place of work, etc.
Join Facebook groups
Another option for viewing and sharing posts is to join groups. There are many different thematic groups on Facebook with three levels of privacy different:
- open groups: You can join and invite others at any time. Just click Join Group. Anyone can see the information and content of the group.
- Closed group: To join you must use the request your entry button and wait for the administrator to approve you. Anyone can see the group description, but posts are private.
- Secret Group: We can only join if someone from within the group invites us, because they cannot be searched. Only members of the group can see the information and content.
You can also view public content through the fan page. You can see your favorite singer's page posts, for example, by going directly to the page or clicking o Follow to appear in your news feed.
Publish your own content
To create your own content you just have to follow these small steps:
- At the top of the Posts section, click What are you thinking?.
- In the popup that appears, you can post a text update, even customize it with colors. Or click the type of post you want to share.
- Choose who you want to share the post with. The default is for use with your Facebook friends, but you can also make it public, choose not to show it to some friends, show it only to contacts you choose, or keep it private. Be careful, if you choose to make it private, only you will see it.
- Click on Publish.
- To post in a group, you have to select the group in question, enter and click on create a public publication. It is not at all different from what you post on your wall. It works the same way, you have different options: text, photo or video, survey, add document, etc.
Let's talk about privacy on Facebook
Privacy is one of the main concerns of Facebook users, so We recommend that it be the first thing you configure. To view and change your privacy options on Facebook, go to the top right corner and from there click Settings and privacy > Settings. It will take you to a screen where all the privacy options are displayed in a column on the left.
Once inside, take your time to explore the options and choose the one that best suits you. We particularly recommend that you look at:
- Who can see your posts
- Who can find your profile.
- What advertising you will see (ads).
- What profile information is shown to others.
I hope this information has been helpful to you and that you can enjoy your experience on Facebook.