Microsoft products He knows that the first awkward steps he took with Xbox One they have taken their toll, and it is that seeing the amount of reserved consoles of those of Redmond compared to those achieved by PlayStation 4have set off alarms in the North American giant.
As we well know, we have been witnessing a constant change of policies for the new console and services that it will offer for weeks, trying to match what it will offer Sony in a few months. What's more, Microsoft products has put all the meat on the grill looking for a good catalog of games and this Gamescom it has been the scene of flashy advertisements.
To begin with, Microsoft products will now turn more with independent development studies: he wants Xbox One be the house of indie games and that they arrive before this console than any other. Now studios will be able to access dev kits more easily and publish with fewer restrictions and more freedom.
One of the new announcements was Fable Legends, yet another chapter of the acclaimed IP of Lionhead, which will feature a cooperative mode for up to four players and will use the technology Smart glass. Its curious artistic direction is striking, although its technical section does not seem very cutting edge.
Ubisoft He showed us Fighter Within, a fighting game that tries to squeeze the new Kinect that will use its cutting-edge technology to collect the movements of the players and capture them on the screen. We will see how this twentieth attempt works to translate a fighting game of these characteristics into a fun experience. The occasion was also used to confirm that The Division will arrive with exclusive content to Xbox One.
From the creators of the popular Minecraft, an exclusive game will arrive for Xbox 360 y Xbox One: Cobalt, an action-packed shooter that will be released in the first half of 2014 and includes a multiplayer mode with up to 8 players and that allows you to hit rockets and deflect bullets to win the battle. Players will be able to slide, climb, roll and jump through the different levels while firing and deflecting projectiles at enemies. Bullet time enhances the excitement and intensity of the game as players strive to master the complex timing of matches and stay focused to tackle the platforming phases.
Call of Duty: Ghosts It also gained a strong prominence, and it is that an online game mode called Blitz, where the objective will be to defend and attack two different points on the map. But now the interesting thing comes: the title will have dedicated servers in Xbox One, thanks to the possibilities offered by the cloud and, attention, a pack of Call of Duty: Ghost, with exclusive content, and the console.
Another one of the aces that was kept Microsoft products up his sleeve was the announcement of the free delivery of a digital copy of FIFA 14 to all those who have reserved Xbox One, while stocks last. Further, FIFA 14 Ultimate Team Legends, which will be exclusive to Microsoft products, it will have microtransactions and we will control old legends of the world of football: Dennis Bergkamp, Fernando HIerro, Robert Pirès, Oliver Bierhoff, Filippo Inzaghi, Frank Rijkaard, Sol Campbell, Patrick Kluivert, David Seaman, Fabio Cannavaro, Henrik Larsson, Teddy Sheringham, Rui Costa, Jens Lehmann, Andriy Shevchenko, Hernán Crespo, Gary Lineker , Davor Suker, Frank de Boer, Freddie Ljungberg, Marco van Basten, Marcel Desailly, Paolo Maldini, Edwin van der Sar, Paolo Futre, Lothar Matthäus, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Stegan Effenberg, Gary Neville, Patrick Vieri, Robbie Flower, Michael Owen , Christian Vieri, Ruud Guilt, Pauleta, Geargo Weah, Gheorghe Hagi, Pelé y Gianfranco Zola will be the myths immortalized in the next game of EA.
Microsoft products has also confirmed the games that will accompany Xbox One At its launch, although logically, this list may be expanded as the launch date of the console approaches:
• Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
• Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
• Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
• Crimson Dragon (Grounding / Land Ho !, Microsoft Studios)
• Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
• FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
• Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
• Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
• Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
• Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
• LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
• Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
• Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
• NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
• NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
• Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
• Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
• Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
• Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
• Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
• Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
• Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
• Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)
Microsoft products y Double Helix have shown, at last, Thunder en Killer Instinct. The gigantic Indian joins those already announced Jago, Sabrewulf y Glacius in the character template of Killer Instinct that will arrive this fall to Xbox One exclusively.
The game can be downloaded for free with a character -Jago-, the rest of the additional fighters can be purchased from € 4.99 each, price that seems somewhat excessive. Players can also get character packs with special discounts:
- Combo Breaker Pack - € 19,99. You save 50% and it includes:
- The first eight characters (six characters at launch and access to another two after launch but before the official sale)
- Ultra Edition - € 39,99. It includes:
- The first eight characters (six characters at launch and access to another two after launch but before the official sale).
- Character accessory packs
- Outfits for characters
- The original Killer Instinct arcade game
Remember that there will also be a full version of the game in physical format at the standard novelty price, which will surely compensate the most purists.
Regrettably, Microsoft products did not give a specific release date for Xbox One, which we hope to find in stores during the month of November. The possibility of a cheaper version without Kinect, now that it is not mandatory, nor was the price of the packs of the console, including the basic one, which was announced to some bleeding 499 euros. Who knows maybe Microsoft products has waited on this occasion for the movements of Sony and will act accordingly.
Certainly, the change in American policies that we have witnessed in recent weeks has been even a joke: they have seen the wolf's ears and have had no choice but to back down. On the other hand, in the exclusive playground, it seems that Xbox One continues to take the cat to the water in quantity, and the announcement of exclusive content in third party games, in addition to the delivery of the digital copy of FIFA 14 and the pack announcement with Call of Duty: Ghosts. Clearly Microsoft products will fight to the bitter end if necessary in this battle that is so interesting: now we only need to lower the price and many would see with different eyes Xbox One.