About a decade ago, voicemail was one of the most popular telephone services. However, it is still available on mobile operators such as Movistar Spain, allowing users to receive voice messages when they cannot answer calls.
Although voice mail is very handy in many situations, There are times when this service can become a headache: spam messages, unwanted calls, messages that accumulate without listening, among others.
It's no secret to anyone that voice mail has been replaced by voice notes and instant messaging, since the latter are easier to use. Therefore, we tell you everything you need if you have to remove the voice mail, in case you are a Movistar Spain customer.
Table of Contents
- 1 Advantages and disadvantages of Movistar Spain voice mail
- 2 Reasons why some people deactivate Movistar voicemail
- 3 How to remove the voicemail in Movistar Spain?
- 4 How to reactivate voicemail?
- 5 Should I remove the voicemail service?
Advantages and disadvantages of Movistar Spain voice mail
Next, discover some of the main advantages and disadvantages of voice mail in Movistar Spain:
- If you are busy or cannot answer a call, voicemail will allow you to receive a voice message so you can call back later.
- The voice mailbox in Movistar Spain offers you the possibility of personalizing your answering machine messages, setting a password and saving important messages.
- With the Answering Machine Immediate Response service, you can call someone who has left you a message on the answering machine, without having to dial their number.
- Voicemail is included in most Movistar Spain plans, so you will not have to pay anything extra.
- You don't need to have data or be connected to the Internet to receive voicemail messages.
- By having voicemail activated, you may receive unsolicited messages or spam, which can be annoying.
- Some users may find it difficult to set up their voicemail, especially if they are not familiar with the technology.
- If you don't check your voicemail regularly, you could miss an important call or urgent message.
It is important that you consider your personal needs before deciding if you should deactivate voicemail on your Movistar line. So here are some reasons why you and other users think you should disable Movistar voicemail.
Reasons why some people deactivate Movistar voicemail
There are several reasons why you might want to disable voicemail on Movistar Spain. First of all, Today's young people especially use instant messaging applications like WhatsApp, Telegram, among others.
Therefore, these young people may prefer to receive voice notes rather than traditional voicemail messages. Also, voicemail messages can be a bit more difficult to review, especially if you need to enter a password to access your mailbox and you don't remember it.
In addition, there is always the possibility of receiving unwanted calls from advertising or unknown callers. By disabling voicemail, you can avoid receiving voice messages that could be annoying.
The good news is that disabling voicemail is not too complicated. Therefore, we explain how to deactivate this option, which is reversible in case you change your mind.
How to remove the voicemail in Movistar Spain?
If you do not want to use the Movistar voicemail service on your mobile or landline phone, You have several alternatives to disable it:
For mobile phones
You can use any of these three options:
- Free call to the number 22500.
- If you have the MultiSIM service activated, call the number 1004.
- Access your private area on the Mi Movistar clients website. Then select the options «My products» > «Line Management» > «Voicemail» and turn off all voicemail options. Finally, save the changes.
You have the possibility to apply any of these options:
- If you have Movistar fiber installed, mark #9998 and press the call button.
- If you do not have Movistar fiber installed, mark # 10 # and press the call button.
- Call the number 1004 and request the "get off the answering machine".
You can also uninstall the Visual Voice Mail (VVM) service from terminals with the IOS operating system by calling toll free at 22570.
How to reactivate voicemail?
If you deactivated the Movistar voicemail service on your phone and after a while you want to use it again, you can reactivate the mailbox according to the case:
Reactivate your voicemail using these three options:
- Call to 22500 to activate the Movistar voicemail on your mobile.
- From the My Movistar customer area.
- Call to 1004, if you have a MultiSIM line.
Re-enable your voicemail with any of these options:
When you use Movistar's voice mail for the first time, you will have to indicate an access code to listen to the messages from another terminal or from abroad (default is 1234). We suggest that you choose a password that you can easily remember.
Should I remove the voicemail service?
when you wonder If you must remove the voicemail in Movistar Spain, the answer is not so simple. The decision you make will depend on your personal needs and preferences.
If you receive few calls, prefer to handle them in real time, or instant messaging apps are your thing, you may not need voicemail. But if you're an answering machine stickler, then voicemail might come in handy.
Deleting voicemail doesn't affect your monthly bills, but it can also result in an inconvenient phone experience. Therefore, check what your needs are before removing the voicemail, be it from Movistar or another company.
Be the first to comment