The protection of your home, business or office is essential. For this, there are alarm systems that are accompanied by surveillance cameras that allow to keep various areas protected and detect in a timely manner the entry of intruders in real time. However, they surely still exist things you don't know about your security camera and that have turned them into a versatile tool.
Cameras for the benefit of security
Security cameras work like a closed circuit video that is connected to a surveillance system, which is only seen by people with enabled access. Its function is to record events in real time, take photos from different angles and broadcast live what happens even within a range of 360 °so that an owner has valuable support material in the event of a theft.
Many users currently have surveillance cameras connected to their alarms, in addition to using central services such as those provided by Movistar Prosegur Alarms, since they have discovered that they are a fundamental piece to keep your home or business protected all the time.
On the other hand, companies like Prosegur offer you a wide range of services in which you can choose the surveillance camera model that suits your needsWhether you require motion detection in large rooms or small rooms.
Things you didn't know about your security camera
Despite the fact that security cameras have become popular today and are used interchangeably in different types of buildings, There are curiosities about them that you may not yet know, like the ones mentioned below:
- During the year 1960 security cameras were used to monitor a rocket launch in Germany. Its system was designed by Walter Bruch, in order to follow up on the event without risking the lives of its personnel.
- Through studies carried out in 2014 it was determined that there were at least 245 million security cameras in the world, fully operational, a figure that, undoubtedly, has increased today thanks to technological advances and easy access to the Internet.
- Did you know that every time you use the ATM you are monitored through a camera? In fact, there are many cases of fraud that have been solved thanks to the footage recorded on these devices.
- There are places where surveillance cameras are always placed that keep recording 24 hours a day, as is the case of shopping centers, supermarkets, banks, public roads and main roads in the urban area.
- Some security cameras work without electricity, for this they are provided with a battery that allows them to keep recording within a certain time limit.
Currently, most people have a mobile that allows them to connect to the Internet, with this they can access the images provided by their surveillance camera through an application provided by their alarm provider and observe in real time what happens inside your property, from anywhere in the world.
Benefits of using a surveillance camera
Surveillance cameras are the eyes of your security system, they have the power to detect movements through strategically located sensors and activate the alarm in a timely manner which is registered within centrals such as Movistar Prosegur, who will notify the corresponding authorities in a short time.
So that you keep your home or business safe, you can choose the best surveillance system and make sure it has efficient cameras and with sufficient coverage margin. You should also consider your specific needs, since based on them you will guide the choice of your ideal security camera.
For example, you will find some with a wide range like thermals, but the video quality is not very good; while the conventional ones with less coverage allow you to identify the characteristics of an intruder in great detail. On the other hand, when using a PTZ your viewing range is expanded since it has movement, which makes it easier for you to control specific areas.
Also, you should keep in mind that It is not the same to cover the protection of a flat, chalet or office than an industry, in which case you will need to choose the number of cameras that are necessary to guarantee a wide range of coverage.
In general, video surveillance camera systems are available within alarm kits such as those from Movistar Prosegur Alarmas, which include all the essential accessories for the installation of this security system and offer a permanent connection with your central receiving station. serving as professional eyes and ears, watching over your home or business 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.