Sonos' most versatile speaker is now more accessible than ever. Sonos has introduced Roam SL, the essential ultraportable speaker that sounds great at home and can be taken anywhere, now at a more affordable price without a microphone. If you're wondering, the only difference is that it doesn't have Alexa built in now. If you want to know what the Sonos Roam is capable of, don't miss our analysis.
Like the Roam, the Roam SL offers incredible sound for its size, all-day battery life, easy setup, and innovative features packed into a premium, durable, and portable design. Roam SL will be available from March 15 at a price of 179 €.
Although it may seem like a "simple" version of the Sonos Roam, the reality is that all those features that made the device a success are maintained:
- Enjoy richly detailed sound with the clarity, depth and fullness expected from a larger speaker.
- Connect to the rest of your Sonos system at home via WiFi, and automatically switch to Bluetooth when you're away.
- Stereo pair the Roam SL with a second Roam SL, or a Sonos Roam via WiFi.
- Keep exploring with up to 10 hours of continuous playback on a single charge and up to 10 days of battery life when in sleep mode. To extend battery life even further, turn on the battery saver setting so the speaker turns off completely when not in use.
- Roam SL is dustproof and fully waterproof with a rigorously tested IP67 rating.
- Tactile buttons help prevent accidental pressing while you're on the go.
- Its triangular shape and rounded profile make the Roam SL comfortable to hold and look good inside your home.
- Place the Roam SL upright to take up less space or lay flat to provide more stability on uneven surfaces outside.