Truecaller is a revolutionary app that offers a more effective and secure communication experience for its users. With its ability to identify unknown numbers and block unwanted calls, makes it easier to control who can contact you and when.
Whether you want more private communication or just a more efficient way to organize and respond to your calls and messages, this is the ultimate app you need to achieve your goals.
So, if you are looking for an ally to identify your phone calls, here we explain everything you need to know about Truecaller. Find out for yourself why millions of people trust this tool to meet their communication needs.
Table of Contents
Getting to know Truecaller
Truecaller is a caller ID app for smartphones. It allows users to see information about who is calling, even if the number is not in your address book.
This is accomplished by compiling a database of phone numbers and contact information for its users; that is, it allows you to upload your agenda to its database.
In addition to caller ID, it also offers features like blocking unwanted calls, messaging, and phone number lookup. The app is available for Android and iOS. In Android it can replace both your call manager and the message manager.
It was created by Alan Mamedi and Nami Zarringhalam in 2009 in Sweden. It is available in multiple languages, making it accessible to a wide range of users from different regions of the world, and is widely used in more than 150 countries.
What are the specific functions it has?
Although we already mentioned them low-flying, we want to talk to you in a little more detail about some of their main functions:
- Identification of unknown numbers: displays information about the number that is calling, including the name of the number's owner and the company it belongs to, so you can know who is calling before you accept the call.
- Block unwanted calls: allows you to automatically block unwanted calls, such as spam numbers, so you don't have to deal with them in the future.
- Number search: allows you to look up phone numbers and get information about them, including the name of the owner of the number and the company to which it belongs.
- Contact integration: integrate your address book contacts with their own records to provide you with a richer, more user-friendly experience.
- Call notifications: sends you notifications when you receive unidentified calls, so you can decide if you want to accept or reject them.
- SMS messages: allows you to send and receive SMS messages directly from the app, allowing you to have all your communications in one place.
How to download Truecaller
Below, discover step by step the two main ways to download Truecaller, both on Android and iOS:
Traditional Method (Android)
- Open the Google Play Store on your mobile, and click on the search icon located at the top of the screen.
- Write "Truecaller" in the search box. Then tap on the app, based on what appears in the search results.
- Click on "Install". Wait for the download and installation to complete.
- Open the app to launch and start your setup.
- Then accept the license agreements if you agree to them.
- Then, accept the permissions on your device if you want to enjoy all the features of Truecaller, and have it work the way you expect.
- When you approve the permits, choose your country in the box above, so that you establish the national prefix that corresponds to you.
- Then write your phone number and press "Continue". The application will load for a few seconds, while it makes a verification call, and when it does, it will automatically go to the next screen.
- A menu will appear asking if you want to use the application as the default call manager and SMS manager. (You do not have to accept this option, as this functionality will do its work in the background)
With these steps, you will have the installation ready and you will be able to enjoy the app as you wish.
Alternate Method (Android Only)
You can also download Truecaller caller ID directly from the app's website:
- Go to from your mobile browser truecaller.com
- Press the icon that says “Download APK” The download should start immediately, if it asks you if you want to download this type of file you must accept to continue with the installation.
- Scroll down the screen and tap on the name of the downloaded file.
- Accept installation from unknown sources. Follow the instructions and activate the option. Then go back and click install, it will take a few seconds.
- When finished, open it. And continue with the previous steps from number 4.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone. Click the search icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Write "Truecaller" in the search box. Press on the truecaller app in search results.
- Click on "Obtain" and then click "Install".
- Sign in to your Apple ID if necessary. Then wait for the download and installation to complete.
- Once finished, click "Open" to get started with registration and configuration.
- You can go to the section of the traditional Android method from step 5, to register and install.
Why install Truecaller on your phone?
Truecaller is an essential tool that gives you a more efficient communication experience by giving you back control over your communications and ensuring your online privacy is protected.
Therefore, downloading the Truecaller caller ID on your mobile represents a smart investment in your privacy and security, because each update of this app brings constant improvements and changes. So what are you waiting for to download this application?